iX engineers have extensive experience in the Buildings Market Sector. iX engineers is a company which started in 2016, but our history began over 40 years ago. During this time, we underwent mergers and name changes, but our core staff complement, and experience were carried through from 1989, the original company being KV3 Engineers.
Our intimate knowledge of the region’s unique challenges, particularly Buildings, which offer value for money and embrace energy efficiency, enable us to tailor our solutions to deliver maximum value to our customers.
iX engineers concentrate on the full spectrum of engineering, tender and documentation, construction supervision, and management services associated with the development of various types of buildings.
iX engineers provide specialist services in the building infrastructure field, which includes industrial and business park developments, airports, industrial projects (light and heavy), warehouses, service stations, abattoirs, telecom towers, commercial and mixed-use developments (offices, hotels, and shopping centers), institutional facilities (schools, hospitals, clinics, prisons, police stations, community halls, etc.), sport and recreational facilities, and residential buildings. iX engineers is also registered with the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA) and has several Green Star SA Accredited Professionals with many years of experience in the design of energy-efficient infrastructure.
We complement the Building Industry in the following areas, but not limited to:
• Assistance with feasibility assessments
• Provision of cost estimates
• Research studies associated with the type of project or technology
• Energy studies to facilitate energy-efficient buildings
• Due diligence investigations and reports
• Tender documentation and evaluations
• Engineering designs and construction supervision
• Maintenance protocols and specifications
• BIM and associated modelling, and digital technologies
• Renewable technologies such as PV for buildings, Geothermal applications for HVAC, rain/grey/black water recycling
• Energy-saving measures through improved controls systems to accurately match building requirements, peak lopping of electricity usage to reduce customer bills, ice storage, efficient and automated lighting systems, heat recovery systems, variable speed/volume systems, digital energy metering, BMS
The Buildings Market Sector is serviced by the following key engineering disciplines:
• Civil and Structural engineering
• Electrical and Electronic engineering
• Mechanical engineering
Where required, iX engineers also engage other in-house departments such as Roads and Transport, Bulk Water and Sanitation, Project Management, Project Packaging and Digital Innovation.
Cape Town International Airport