BUILDINGS & SERVICES
The capability of the Buildings and Services division of iX engineers comprises key experienced staff located in offices nationwide, with Pretoria and Cape Town being the major hubs.
iX engineers is also registered with the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA) and has a number of Green Building Professionals.
In addition, our engineers have many years of experience in energy efficiency and life cycle optimization designs as part of our normal good engineering practice.
iX engineers are further versed and experienced in the renewable energy sector.
Our diverse experience and exposure is supportive evidence of our success in the building and construction industry, which includes but is not limited to project and building types such as the following:
• Hospitals and Clinics
• Office Buildings and Business Parks
• Conference Centres and Auditoriums
• Schools and Universities
• Laboratories and Industrial/Process environments
• Railway maintenance yards and workshops
• Traffic controls centres, weighbridges and associated administrative buildings
• Airports, Railway stations and Harbour buildings & facilities
• Residential developments
• Shopping Complexes and centres
• Sports stadiums and sports facilities
• High Security Facilities (Prisons, Police Stations)
• Industrial & Manufacturing Facilities , warehouses , factories and plants
Professional Engineering Services related to buildings are offered by industry specialist engineers in the technical areas outlined below and we also engage in projects for which clients require a one-stop service comprising of all building related disciplines. For such projects, in order to provide an excellent holistic service we engage with external sub-consultants, if required, and manage the whole team on behalf of the Client.
We have standing relationships with architects, quantity surveyors, rational fire design consultants and other specialist services:
• Structural engineering
• Civil engineering
• Electrical engineering
• Electronic engineering
• Mechanical engineering
Our Electrical Services Department further provides specialist services in the Electrical distribution & reticulation industry, and iX engineers is an affiliate member of the Association of Municipal Electrical Utilities (AMEU) and International Council on Large Electric Systems (CIGRE) .
Our diverse experience and exposure is evident of our success in the Electrical distribution & reticulation industry, which includes but is not limited to services such as the following:
• Sub-stations & switching-stations up to 132 kV (indoor and outdoor)
• Distribution and transmission networks up to 132kV (underground and overhead)
• Electrification of townships, low cost housing, up market residential and
• Master planning and analysis of High, Medium and Low Voltage Networks
• Telemetry & SCADA systems
• Refurbishment, upgrades and maintenance of all electrical infrastructures
• Emergency Power Generation
• Lighting of Streets, Roads, Stadiums and sports fields.